|RPSC PTI Syllabus 2023
|General Knowledge of Physical Education
- Physical Education – Meaning, Aims, objectives, Scope, Need and Importance.
- Misconceptions about Physical Education.
- Biological Foundation – Heredity and Environment, Chronological, Anatomical, Physiological and Mental ages.
- Body types/Classification, Second wind, Oxygen-debt, and kinesthetic sense.
- Psychological foundation – Learning, Personality, Instinct, Emotions, Motives and Motivation.
- Sociological Foundation – Traditions, Leadership, Group dynamics, Socialization and Social interaction.
- Philosophical Foundation: Idealism, Pragmatism, Naturalism and Realism.
- Physical Fitness: Warming up, limbering down, aerobic and anaerobic activities, calisthenics and Rhythmic exercises.
- Exercise program for the development of the following parts of the body: Chest, Abdomen, Back, Neck, Arm, shoulder, Thigh, and Calf. Physical and Health-related fitness tests.
- Games and Sports as cultural heritage.
- Kinesiology – History, aims, objectives, and role in Physical Education and Sports.
- Law of Motion, Lever, Force, Center of Gravity, Equilibrium, and their relationship with sports.
- Common Postural Deviations/deformities.
- Therapeutic Modalities in Rehabilitation.
- Sports Massage: History, Approach, Effect and Types of Massage Manipulations.
- Prevention and First Aid for Common Sports Injuries.
|General Knowledge of Sports
- History of above Games / Sports.
- Latest general rules of above Games / Sports.
- Measurement of play fields and specifications of sports equipment of above Game / Sports.
- Fundamental Skills of above Games / Sports.
- Related sports terminologies of the above Games / Sports.
- Proper sports gear of the above Games / Sports.
- Important tournaments and venues
- Sports Personalities
- Sports Awards
- Sports associations or federations.
- Modern Olympic Games – I.O.C, Start of Olympics, Olympiad, Objectives, Motto, Olympic Charter, Olympic venue, Olympic Flag/Ring, Olympic Mascot, Olympic oath, Olympic Flame/torch, Medals, Opening and Closing ceremonies
|Physical Education (Miscellaneous)
- Definitions and principles of Physical Education.
- Physical education in the city/states of Greece and other countries.
- Physical education in ancient India: Vedic period, Epic period and Medieval period.
- Survey of Modern Physical Education in India – Pre and post-independence period.
- Contribution to the growth of physical education by leaders and movements
- Psychology – Meaning, Definitions, Nature, Branches and Scope. Importance of Psychology in Education with special reference to Physical Education.
- Growth and Development, Sports Psychology – Meaning, Definitions and Nature.
- Psycho-physical unity and Individual differences.
- Transfer of training.
- Methods, Supervision, and Organizations of Physical Education
- Science of Basic Physical Anatomy, its Functions, and Health Education
- Theories of Training and Decisions:
|General Studies of Rajasthan
- Geographical, Historical, Cultural and General Knowledge of Rajasthan – Location, extent, relief features, climate, drainage, vegetation, agriculture, livestock, dairy development, population distribution, growth, literacy, sex ratio, religious composition, industries, planning, budgetary trends, major tourist centers.
- Ancient Culture & Civilisation of Rajasthan, Kalibangan, Ahar, Ganeshwar, Bairath.
- History of Rajasthan from 8th to 18th Century – Gurjar Pratihars – Chauhans of Ajmer – Relations with Delhi Sultanate – Mewar, Ranthambore and Jalore. – Rajasthan and Mughals – Sanga, Pratap, Mansingh of Amer, Chandrasen, Rai Singh of Bikaner, Raj Singh of Mewar.
- History of freedom struggle in Rajasthan – Peasants and Tribal Movements. – Prajamandal Movement.
- Integration of Rajasthan
- Role of women during the Medieval and Modern period.
- Society and Religion – Lok Devata and Devian. – Saints of Rajasthan. – Architecture – Temples, Forts and Palaces. – Paintings – Various Schools. – Fairs and Festivals. – Customs, Dresses and Ornaments. – Folk Music and Folk Dance. – Language and Literature
- Office of Governor; Role and Functions of Chief Minister and Cabinet
- State Secretariat and Chief Secretary; Organisation and role of the Rajasthan Public Service Commission and State Human Rights Commission, Panchayati Raj in Rajasthan.
- Current Affairs of Rajasthan – Major current issues and happenings at the state level related to socio-economic, political, games, and sports aspects.